Janet and I were hanging out in the bedroom eating raisins, and she stops, looks alarmed and says "I swallowed it!"
"Swallowed what?" I ask.
"My tooth."
Yes, her tooth that she had wiggled out 20 minutes earlier. I remember her showing it off, telling me that she was going to put it under her pillow, asking me if I thought the tooth fairy would bring her $5.
"No," I said, "Of course, not." Especially to little girls that don't believe in Santa or, I assume, the tooth fairy.
"Just put it some place safe."
"OK." She happily sauntered off.
So, now we know. A "safe place" for a uprooted tooth is not in your mouth between three golden raisins. I should have warned her.
2 comments:
How funny....and remember she has one of her teeth somewhere in our grass :)
I am totally cracking up. For real? That had to have hurt a little. And c'mon why can't the tooth fairy leave $5. One year the tooth fairy left what looked like a pocket full of random change. I have a feeling Dad played fairy that night. I think it added up to 53 cents or some other random number.
Post a Comment